POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 : Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPG-output with povray for windows v3.5
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 19 Feb 2004 15:59:01
Message: <40352395$1@news.povray.org>
> To add to that: I'm on 32bit for my Desktop, because I'm seeing bands of
> colors when using only 16bit with my raytraced images (which is hence the
> reason why I output to 24bit BMP most of the time). Since Windows offers
me
> only 16 or 32, I'm on 32.

And eventhough you are using 32-bit mode, you see only 24-colors, unless you
have some specialiced video card. I also agree that 8-bits/channel is way
too little with color gradations. And for editing purposes 16-bit/channel is
sometimes mandatory. Sadly there are not many (consumer grade) video cards
showing 48-bit colors.

Severi